This article will share with you a development prospect for cross-border e-commerce industry. This year, most of our sellers engaged in cross-border e-commerce have encountered a lot of difficulties, especially for sellers who choose the Amazon platform. It can be said that the challenges outweigh the opportunities. So looking to the future, does the cross-border e-commerce industry still have opportunities? As practitioners, what challenges and opportunities will we encounter? The following is to share with you the three cross-border e-commerce challenges and opportunities based on our experience and our usual understanding of industry dynamics.
Three challenges1. The transformation of marketing thinking, from rough operational methods to refined and compliant ones. Some sellers who were engaged in the cross-border e-commerce industry in the early days could copy the crude and simple methods of some domestic e-commerce platform sellers, and regard the operation work as relatively simple, thinking that the operation is to open a through train by swiping orders on the shelves. In the wild period of the early major cross-border e-commerce platforms, this may still work. However, as the platform becomes more formal and the regulations on e-commerce in various countries are becoming more and more perfect, some sellers who only rely on black technology to operate can easily be forced out of the market under the strict supervision of the platform.
2. The perfect ability to customize the needs of consumers in different countries. Engaged in the industry of cross-border e-commerce, it is aimed at consumers in different countries and regions around the world. Different histories and cultures have created different preferences for consumers. As a seller, in competition with competitors, who can better grasp the needs of local consumers and who can win the market better? Here is a case that we have paid more attention to recently. It is Realme, a Chinese mobile phone brand mainly engaged in foreign markets. In terms of adapting to localized sales, some functions have been improved according to the preferences of local audiences.
For example, when developing a mobile phone selfie function for Indian consumers, it is not possible to copy the domestic portrait beautification function. Local consumers don't like the skin smoothing and whitening brought by our domestic mobile phone selfies. What are their needs? That is, when some men take selfies, it is best to make their beards more three-dimensional and stylish. Because in the local area, a man's beard is a very important part of his appearance.
Well, because of the relatively good localization and this effective marketing strategy, Realme’s shipments in India jumped to fourth place in the second quarter of 2018. By the second quarter of 2021, its market share reached a record 14%. In addition, Realme is the fastest brand to ship 100 million smartphones in history, and its speed exceeds the familiar brands: Apple, Samsung, Xiaomi, and Huawei.
3. The third challenge is about the ability to create branding. In 2009, China became the world's largest exporter, and in 2010, China became the world's largest manufacturing country. In 2013, China became the world's largest trader of goods. In 2020, China's exports accounted for the world's largest, and this market share reached 14.2%, a new high. Well, products made in China are already selling well all over the world, but if we really want to gain a chance in the competition with these sellers in Europe and the United States, we must make up for the shortcomings of our brand building.
1. The growth of the world's e-commerce demand under the promotion of the epidemic. According to the latest data, by 2020, 2 billion people around the world will have purchased products and services online. The world's e-commerce accounts for 21.8% of the world's retail consumption. From a global perspective, under the influence of the epidemic, online sales behavior has become the general trend.
2. The demand for going overseas under the growth of China's national strength and the support of national policies. China is the only country in the world that has all kinds of industries, especially under the influence of the epidemic, thanks to my country's vigorous and effective epidemic prevention measures, we have become the only commodity producer that can be counted on in the current global industrial chain. More and more countries with Chinese products going overseas have introduced relevant preferential policies one after another for the field of cross-border e-commerce.
3. The high-quality third-party sellers, whose brands are increasingly favored by investors.
Since the beginning of this year, more and more capital has been involved in Amazon's industry. Acquire accounts of sellers who currently have good sales on the platform and have brand influence. For cross-border e-commerce sellers, if they have the ability to continuously create brand accounts, there will be more ways to make profits in the long run. If you have plans in this regard, you must register more seller accounts in the early stage, and choose a stable IP to log in and operate these seller accounts, especially in the initial stage. Here I recommend everyone to use YiLuProxy
, because YiLu
has lots of stable dedicated static IPs which are very important for our accounts' safety.